Re: [jasspa] More possible improvements

  • first last
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2004
      > Could we get away with just swapping the background
      > colors without changing the foreground color ? This
      > would be slightly simpler. But does need some
      > further consideraion - will add to the wish list.

      That is exactly what it does, the colours are all really pale (it has
      white background by default), just different enough to be easily
      spotted (of course, this won't work on the console, unless you have
      some type of framebuffer).

      > Would need to play around with the hilighting to do this.
      > Unlike a windows or X application then there are restrictions
      > on how much you can annotate in text.

      Couldn't you just have a window on the left hand side, 1 column wide,
      with the right things and a macro to link the movement on both windows
      together? (it sounds easier to me)

      > All of your previous saves are in "file~" if you have backups
      enabled.
      > Could easily write a macro to slurp this file up and vapour your
      > changes. If you have multiple backups enabled then you can go
      > back further. I cannot say that I have ever wanted to do this
      > and will go back to ~ if I need to.

      That sounds like the way to do it, so I'll have to look into it (that
      is just something I found useful, as it can be used as a kind of local
      versioning system.

      > > One more question, where is the right click menu defined? I am
      gonna
      > > try to nick some code from there to try to implement
      code-completion
      > > the way most editors do (with a pop-up menu).
      > >

      > mouseosd.emf
      > bounding is mouse-drop-3

      Thanks for the answer

      Gabriel

    • first last
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 18, 2004
        Hi everyone. I have been using the php mode for quite a while and I
        have found some bugs. Any help on fixing them will be welcome.

        -Curly brackets in comments seem to be counted while matching, so
        sometimes it becomes really difficult to find where the things
        start/end.

        -the <? start token is not accepted (only <?php), that is easy, just
        add them two to the hkphp.emf:

        hilight .hilight.php 0x80 "<\\?" .hilight.phpscript
        .scheme.prepro
        indent .hilight.phptag t "<\\?" .indent.phpscript
        (The first one for syntax and the second one for indentation).

        -The case statement does not get properly indented, the ideal way (for
        me at least) would be to have

        switch ($a){
        case 1:
        whatever;
        case n:
        some more;
        default:
        default things;
        }

        Is that possible? I guess that the difficulty is that default doesn't
        have a case following it, just a }.

        One possible improvement that I would like to see is php highlighting
        within html strings so you can do things like value="<?= $value ?>" and
        get it highlighted.

        Anyway, I am working on a CSS hightlight mode that should be ready by
        the end of this week (I think I already said that I was working on it a
        while ago but I have been trying other editors).

        Thanks

        Gabriel

      • first last
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 19, 2004
          If you have something like ==" the quote does not get read as the
          beginning of the screen and messes up everything after it.

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 22, 2004
            Already caught this one, will be fixed in the main release,

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 22, 2004

              The bracket matching is at a low level and not aware of php commenting, I don't think there is much we can do for this in hte short term.

              > -the <? start token is not accepted (only <?php), that is easy, just
              > add them two to the hkphp.emf:

              Fixed for main release.

              > hilight .hilight.php 0x80 "<\\?" .hilight.phpscript
              > .scheme.prepro
              > indent .hilight.phptag t "<\\?" .indent.phpscript
              > (The first one for syntax and the second one for indentation).
              >
              > -The case statement does not get properly indented, the ideal way (for
              > me at least) would be to have
              >
              > switch ($a){
              > case 1:
              > whatever;
              > case n:
              > some more;
              > default:
              > default things;
              > }
              >
              > Is that possible? I guess that the difficulty is that default doesn't
              > have a case following it, just a }.

              I have added a fix for this, its now indented as follows:

              switch ($a){
              case 1:
              whatever;
              case n:
              some more;
              default:
              default things;
              }

              Best I can do (and my prefered indentation style :)

              > One possible improvement that I would like to see is php highlighting
              > within html strings so you can do things like value="<?=
              > $value ?>" and
              > get it highlighted.

              Should be possible but I've not done this,

              Steve

              > Anyway, I am working on a CSS hightlight mode that should be ready by
              > the end of this week (I think I already said that I was
              > working on it a
              > while ago but I have been trying other editors).
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > Gabriel

              > __________

            • first last
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 22, 2004
                Thanks. As usual everything is fixed quickly.

                --- "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@...> wrote:
                ---------------------------------

> [...]

                Fixed for main release.

                > hilight .hilight.php 0x80 "<\\?" .hilight.phpscript
                > .scheme.prepro
                > indent .hilight.phptag t "<\\?" .indent.phpscript
                > (The first one for syntax and the second one for indentation).
                >
                > -The case statement does not get properly indented, the ideal way
                (for
                > me at least) would be to have
                >
                > switch ($a){
                > case 1:
                > whatever;
                > case n:
                > some more;
                > default:
                > default things;
                > }
                >
                > Is that possible? I guess that the difficulty is that default doesn't
                > have a case following it, just a }.

                I have added a fix for this, its now indented as follows:

                switch ($a){
                case 1:
                whatever;
                case n:
                some more;
                default:
                default things;
                }

                Best I can do (and my prefered indentation style :)

                > One possible improvement that I would like to see is php highlighting
                > within html strings so you can do things like value="<?=
                > $value ?>" and
                > get it highlighted.

                Should be possible but I've not done this,

                Steve

                > Anyway, I am working on a CSS hightlight mode that should be ready by
                > the end of this week (I think I already said that I was
                > working on it a
                > while ago but I have been trying other editors).
                >
                > Thanks
                >
                > Gabriel

                modify your account settings manually.

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT