RE: [jasspa] Re: ME RC4 Crash

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 23, 2004
      Thanks for checking the work-around, I should now be able to fix the issue. In the meantime you should add the line:

      execute-file "hkipipe"

      To your user setup file which should avoid any crashes!

    • first last
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2004
        Hi there. I have just being playing around with Scintilla, another
        editor and I have found two or three things that could be useful if
        added to ME:

        -Scintilla changes the background for different languages in the same
        file (IE: a PHP file will have white background for HTML, light blue
        for JavaScript and light pink for PHP).

        -There is a (optional) vertical line where the code folds are marked
        with - if they are expanded, + if they are folded. Also clicking on
        them you can expand/fold them (I know this is a common thing in many
        editors, that doesn't make it any less useful).

        There is an undo function that reverts to the previously saved status,
        so gets rid of all the changes since last saved (and, if pressed again
        does the same to the previous save). That could be another improvement
        (put it somewhere in the menu). If I am not wrong, to implement this on
        ME we will have to mark the undo step somehow and then revert all the
        way back to that one when this option is selected.

        One more question, where is the right click menu defined? I am gonna
        try to nick some code from there to try to implement code-completion
        the way most editors do (with a pop-up menu).

        Thanks

        Gabriel

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2004
          first last wrote:
          > Hi there. I have just being playing around with Scintilla, another
          > editor and I have found two or three things that could be useful if
          > added to ME:
          >
          > -Scintilla changes the background for different languages in the same
          > file (IE: a PHP file will have white background for HTML, light blue
          > for JavaScript and light pink for PHP).

          You would have to set this up in the language templates
          and define your scheme colors. It is possible. So instead
          of using $global-scheme in hkc.emf you would use your new
          scheme settings. You would have to define the composition
          of all of the languages you wanted to hilight.

          I guess that the standard templates might be better defined
          in terms of "base+offset" where "base" is the color scheme
          and "offset" is ".scheme.keyword". By default 'base' would
          always be zero which is the standard color.

          Something to ponder on for a future release, it is not
          that difficult, just a bit painful defining the colors
          as they are all pre-set.

          There may be a way to swap these on a per buffer
          basis but would have to look very carefully at this
          to make sure that it did not impact rendering speed.
          At the moment all of the color pairs are pre-cooked
          and pre-loaded to minimise any run-time implication
          of messing around with color - this is what makes the
          display fast - we try to minimise the indirections
          and colour lookups as this is where most CPU is used.

          Could we get away with just swapping the background
          colors without changing the foreground color ? This
          would be slightly simpler. But does need some
          further consideraion - will add to the wish list.

          > -There is a (optional) vertical line where the code folds are marked
          > with - if they are expanded, + if they are folded. Also clicking on
          > them you can expand/fold them (I know this is a common thing in many
          > editors, that doesn't make it any less useful).

          Would need to play around with the hilighting to do this.
          Unlike a windows or X application then there are restrictions
          on how much you can annotate in text.

          > There is an undo function that reverts to the previously saved status,
          > so gets rid of all the changes since last saved (and, if pressed again
          > does the same to the previous save). That could be another improvement
          > (put it somewhere in the menu). If I am not wrong, to implement this on
          > ME we will have to mark the undo step somehow and then revert all the
          > way back to that one when this option is selected.

          All of your previous saves are in "file~" if you have backups enabled.
          Could easily write a macro to slurp this file up and vapour your
          changes. If you have multiple backups enabled then you can go
          back further. I cannot say that I have ever wanted to do this
          and will go back to ~ if I need to.

          > One more question, where is the right click menu defined? I am gonna
          > try to nick some code from there to try to implement code-completion
          > the way most editors do (with a pop-up menu).

          mouseosd.emf
          bounding is mouse-drop-3

          Jon.
          > Thanks
          >
          > Gabriel

        • first last
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 1, 2004
            > Could we get away with just swapping the background
            > colors without changing the foreground color ? This
            > would be slightly simpler. But does need some
            > further consideraion - will add to the wish list.

            That is exactly what it does, the colours are all really pale (it has
            white background by default), just different enough to be easily
            spotted (of course, this won't work on the console, unless you have
            some type of framebuffer).

            > Would need to play around with the hilighting to do this.
            > Unlike a windows or X application then there are restrictions
            > on how much you can annotate in text.

            Couldn't you just have a window on the left hand side, 1 column wide,
            with the right things and a macro to link the movement on both windows
            together? (it sounds easier to me)

            > All of your previous saves are in "file~" if you have backups
            enabled.
            > Could easily write a macro to slurp this file up and vapour your
            > changes. If you have multiple backups enabled then you can go
            > back further. I cannot say that I have ever wanted to do this
            > and will go back to ~ if I need to.

            That sounds like the way to do it, so I'll have to look into it (that
            is just something I found useful, as it can be used as a kind of local
            versioning system.

            > > One more question, where is the right click menu defined? I am
            gonna
            > > try to nick some code from there to try to implement
            code-completion
            > > the way most editors do (with a pop-up menu).
            > >

            > mouseosd.emf
            > bounding is mouse-drop-3

            Thanks for the answer

            Gabriel

          • first last
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 18, 2004
              Hi everyone. I have been using the php mode for quite a while and I
              have found some bugs. Any help on fixing them will be welcome.

              -Curly brackets in comments seem to be counted while matching, so
              sometimes it becomes really difficult to find where the things
              start/end.

              -the <? start token is not accepted (only <?php), that is easy, just
              add them two to the hkphp.emf:

              hilight .hilight.php 0x80 "<\\?" .hilight.phpscript
              .scheme.prepro
              indent .hilight.phptag t "<\\?" .indent.phpscript
              (The first one for syntax and the second one for indentation).

              -The case statement does not get properly indented, the ideal way (for
              me at least) would be to have

              switch ($a){
              case 1:
              whatever;
              case n:
              some more;
              default:
              default things;
              }

              Is that possible? I guess that the difficulty is that default doesn't
              have a case following it, just a }.

              One possible improvement that I would like to see is php highlighting
              within html strings so you can do things like value="<?= $value ?>" and
              get it highlighted.

              Anyway, I am working on a CSS hightlight mode that should be ready by
              the end of this week (I think I already said that I was working on it a
              while ago but I have been trying other editors).

              Thanks

              Gabriel

            • first last
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 19, 2004
                If you have something like ==" the quote does not get read as the
                beginning of the screen and messes up everything after it.

                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 22, 2004
                  Already caught this one, will be fixed in the main release,

                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 22, 2004

                    The bracket matching is at a low level and not aware of php commenting, I don't think there is much we can do for this in hte short term.

                    > -the <? start token is not accepted (only <?php), that is easy, just
                    > add them two to the hkphp.emf:

                    Fixed for main release.

                    > hilight .hilight.php 0x80 "<\\?" .hilight.phpscript
                    > .scheme.prepro
                    > indent .hilight.phptag t "<\\?" .indent.phpscript
                    > (The first one for syntax and the second one for indentation).
                    >
                    > -The case statement does not get properly indented, the ideal way (for
                    > me at least) would be to have
                    >
                    > switch ($a){
                    > case 1:
                    > whatever;
                    > case n:
                    > some more;
                    > default:
                    > default things;
                    > }
                    >
                    > Is that possible? I guess that the difficulty is that default doesn't
                    > have a case following it, just a }.

                    I have added a fix for this, its now indented as follows:

                    switch ($a){
                    case 1:
                    whatever;
                    case n:
                    some more;
                    default:
                    default things;
                    }

                    Best I can do (and my prefered indentation style :)

                    > One possible improvement that I would like to see is php highlighting
                    > within html strings so you can do things like value="<?=
                    > $value ?>" and
                    > get it highlighted.

                    Should be possible but I've not done this,

                    Steve

                    > Anyway, I am working on a CSS hightlight mode that should be ready by
                    > the end of this week (I think I already said that I was
                    > working on it a
                    > while ago but I have been trying other editors).
                    >
                    > Thanks
                    >
                    > Gabriel

                    > __________

                  • first last
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 22, 2004
                      Thanks. As usual everything is fixed quickly.

                      --- "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@...> wrote:
                      ---------------------------------

> [...]

                      Fixed for main release.

                      > hilight .hilight.php 0x80 "<\\?" .hilight.phpscript
                      > .scheme.prepro
                      > indent .hilight.phptag t "<\\?" .indent.phpscript
                      > (The first one for syntax and the second one for indentation).
                      >
                      > -The case statement does not get properly indented, the ideal way
                      (for
                      > me at least) would be to have
                      >
                      > switch ($a){
                      > case 1:
                      > whatever;
                      > case n:
                      > some more;
                      > default:
                      > default things;
                      > }
                      >
                      > Is that possible? I guess that the difficulty is that default doesn't
                      > have a case following it, just a }.

                      I have added a fix for this, its now indented as follows:

                      switch ($a){
                      case 1:
                      whatever;
                      case n:
                      some more;
                      default:
                      default things;
                      }

                      Best I can do (and my prefered indentation style :)

                      > One possible improvement that I would like to see is php highlighting
                      > within html strings so you can do things like value="<?=
                      > $value ?>" and
                      > get it highlighted.

                      Should be possible but I've not done this,

                      Steve

                      > Anyway, I am working on a CSS hightlight mode that should be ready by
                      > the end of this week (I think I already said that I was
                      > working on it a
                      > while ago but I have been trying other editors).
                      >
                      > Thanks
                      >
                      > Gabriel

                      modify your account settings manually.

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT