Re: Making new language mode: Erlang

  • cp200205
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2004
      --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, Jon Green <jon@j...> wrote:

      > By loosing the "b" on () token then it seems to work
      > better and use the fact that the a ) at the end of
      > a line causes an indent. Then the ends are the
      > same and the '.' also moves back an indent.
      >
      > There are problems with the bracket when
      > you define a bracket then you cannot cause
      > an indent on the bracket token. This is
      > a bit of a shame it would be nice to
      > be able to define the bracket and still
      > have the indent detect that a )$ causes
      > an indent.

      Please see my previous message that I posted in response to my own,
      but let me ask... is there no way around the b (), {}, [] problem?
      If no, then this means that auto indentation in this language would
      be almost useless. For instance, if I were to do:

      say_hi(Name) ->
      ....io:format("This is a very long hello message, Hello ~w\n",

      I could do this manually, but anytime TAB'n through, or Restyling
      the buffer, this would happen:

      say_hi(Name) ->
      ....io:io:format("This is a very long hello message, Hello ~w\n",

      which would make things a bit hard to read.

      Thanks for your input, and any input you may have on this matter.

      Jeremy