69[jasspa] Re: file-hook overwrites definitions in me.emf

  • Steven Phillips,,,
    Oct 1, 1999
      The user-setup / General / Exact option does work, the problem arises only
      with existing buffers, either loaded in the current buffer or created using
      the -c option which preserves the mode. So exit all me's, run up me with no
      options, in user-setup/General page disable exact, Save then exit user-setup
      and me. When you run up another me any files loaded should not have exact
      mode, problem solved.

      Your further point on 'f3' is valid with no real work around. The philosophy
      to date has been one of the specific file hook knows best. The only solutions
      are to:

      1) Use key bindings not used.
      2) create a my-fhook-... macro in your my... file which can override the
      file-hook binding

      I don't think theres a lot we can do here, hopefully the solution above will
      make this problem redundant.

      Steve