68[jasspa] Re: file-hook overwrites definitions in me.emf

  • Jonathan Naughton-Green
    Oct 1, 1999
      The current answer is NO. The only way that you can do this at the moment
      is to add your own "myhook.emf" funtion with the new key bindings in.

      This begs the question, that in the hkhook.emf files should the
      global and buffer bindings been more sensitive to the user bindings
      i.e.
      !if &seq &kbind "f2" "ERROR"
      buffer-bind-key fold-current "f2"
      !endif

      In this case we check to see if the key is already bound, if it
      is not then the new binding is effected, otherwise the function is
      not bound.

      Perhaps a better solution would be to introduce a numeric argument
      on "buffer-bind-key" such that the bind ONLY works if the key is
      not already bound. So the above could be written as:-

      0 buffer-bind-key fold-current "f2"

      Note that there will be some buffers (i.e. the directory listing)
      where the user bindings might be ignored and re-assigned on a
      per-buffer basis. For text buffers then we should not really
      modify the keys.

      Does anybody else have any optinions on this ??? Has this been
      a problem for anybody else ??

      "Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)" wrote:

      > If I write
      > global-bind-key super-delete "f3"
      > in my me.emf than this will be overwritten by a specific hook (hkemf.emf)
      > if is defined
      > buffer-bind-key fold-all "f3"
      > in the hook file hkemf.emf
      > There is no way for me to start an emf file after the hook file is
      > loaded.

      Jon Green J.D.Naughton-Green

      SAMSUNG Electronics Ltd