515news: nanoEmacs

    Jan 12, 2002
      JASSPA have been experimenting with a cut down
      version of our MicroEmacs distribution which
      we are calling nanoEmacs. This has minimal
      functionality.

      An alpha version of a Microsoft Windows
      executable is now available on the JASSPA
      site (bottom of main page) for trial download.
      The trial version includes both window and
      console support - although we are not sure
      if the window support is necessary.
      Some of the default start up states
      still need to be finalised in order
      get a reasonable non-configured
      environment.

      We have posted this at a very early stage
      to canvas any constructive comments.