473How to do regexp search and search+replace on a string?

    Nov 12, 2001
      Anybody have a suggestion for how to do the 'replace-string'
      functionality on a string?

      One way would be to create a scratch buffer, paste the string into
      there, do replace-string on it, cut the string back out of the
      buffer. That seems really awkward.

      An even more awkward way would be to just call Perl to do it. :-)
      I've been using that lately and have gotten spoiled by the regexp
      capability always being available.

      The &sin and related functions do not use regular expressions -- but
      I think it would be cool if they did :-). Are there other functions
      that I don't know about? :-)

      Thanks

      -Tom Hundt
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic