470Re: Email with ME, How???

  • rnederhand@crosswinds.net
    Oct 29, 2001
      Thanks Steve,

      The seperator seems to do the trick indeed. However, while I have my
      messages seperated I keep dates and authors missing in de message
      index. This is rather inconvenient since I have to read the message
      to see who wrotes it. Is this caused by the type of seperator (I just
      copied yours) or something else?

      I didn't exactly understand your User-Settings file. Why is there a
      distinction between main.dat and inbox? And shouldn't inbox be
      inbox.dat?

      Anyway, I appreciate your help a lot. At least I got this thing
      running for the moment...

      Rene

      --- In jasspa@y..., "Steven Phillips" <sphillips@p...> wrote:
      > Rene,
      >
      > You are very close to getting this running, the User mail dir needs
      to be a
      > separate directory and the VM Main In Box must be a file within this
      > directory so a path is not required. The Incoming Mail Box needs to
      point to
      > the file generated by postie, this file does not have to live in
      the mail
      > directory. Also ME need a standard mail divide line to spot the
      different
      > mail messages and postie does not do this by default so you have to
      use the
      > command line -sep option to do this as follows:
      >
      > postie -host:XXX -user:XXX -pass:XXX -
      file:f:/MicroEmacs/mail/mail.dat
      > "-sep:From root Mon Jul 19 20:02:02 1999" -raw
      >
      > This should make postie get all your mail into
      f:/MicroEmacs/mail/mail.dat