468Email with ME, How???

  • rnederhand@crosswinds.net
    Oct 29, 2001
      Hello,

      As a starting user of ME I try to use ME as a mail reader under WinNT
      4. I figured out to use Postie, which I installed.

      Now I download my messages with:

      postie -host:pop.nederhand.nu -user:logname -pass:password -
      file:mail.dat -raw

      In the User-setup I entered the following:

      User mail dir: f:/MicroEmacs/inbox
      Incoming mailbox: f:/MicroEmacs/inbox
      VM Main in Box: mail.dat
      VM gets mail: Y

      However, ME treats my mail.dat as one, long, email message. In
      addition it doesn't display the name of the mail sender etc.

      Does anybody have a clue how to set up mail on my WinNT box - Receive
      and send?

      Thanks in advance,

      Rene
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic