2725RE: Re: [jasspa] RE: Re: New version

  • isaacpei
    Nov 22, 2013

      nevermind, I found it (sorry for the 'spaming') Detlef created the autocomplete-word macro

      the macro works nicely, but see if we improve it to be better than sublime / emacs autocomplete

      ---In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, <isaacpei@...> wrote:

      explored a little bit so far, will use jekyll to draft a new site, and see if people like it

      BTW, is there good way to do auto complete (intellisense like) in memacs? - so far the best one I ever used is in sublime text http://www.sublimetext.com/, very fast completion and very well thought (better than autocomplete in emacs and vim's)

       Best regards,
         Isaac

      On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 3:05 AM, Jon Green <jon@...> wrote:

      On 21 Nov 2013, at 02:04, Isaac Xin Pei <isaacpei@...> wrote:

      Wow, it builds and runs like a charm!
      I had been compiling the 2009 version, guess that's the issue.

      I think it was an issue with the X-Windows font selection that was killing it on start up. The problem was first observed on a Fedora release and fixed.

      BTW, I am wondering if we are interested to give our website an update and redesign? we can use some static site generating tools such as Jekyll or hyde (python) https://github.com/hyde/hyde ?

      if interested, I'll start on it, and get some draft for review?

      A refresh would be nice to bring us into the new millennium.
      If you have the time then that would be good.
      A wget of the site will enable you get the current files which are all hand crafted.

      On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Jon Green <jon@...> wrote:

      Which source bundle did you use? Suggest this one:

      http://www.jasspa.com/development/me-standalone/jasspa-mesrc-20100503.tar.gz

      Regards
      Jon

      On 20 Nov 2013, at 17:13, Isaac Xin Pei <isaacpei@...> wrote:

      thanks, here are the answer:
      Q. Does the x-window attempt to open? - no, nothing shows up

      Q. Does the X session die as soon as you move the mouse? (I have a fix for that) - because no gui at all, so no

      Q. Are the standard X11 fonts installed? - not sure, just installed xfonts-base, but still the same - no showing up gui. the crouton environment is using Xephyr, and the ubuntu is using Xorg - not sure if these might be the cause?

      On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Jon Green <jon@...> wrote:
      Q. Does the x-window attempt to open?

      Q. Does the X session die as soon as you move the mouse? (I have a fix for that)

      Q. Are the standard X11 fonts installed?

      Jon.

      Isaac Xin Pei <isaacpei@...> wrote:

      Thanks Jon, just tried, but has the same issue, the console version works fine, but can not launch a gui interface (the process simply died) with the rebuild.

      maybe it's something due the complex setup I have - running ubuntu within crouton (chroot) in chrome os. will try to see further where the problem lies

      On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 3:00 AM, Jon Green <jon@...> wrote:

      You should be able to simply do

      ./build -m linux26.gmk

      This should then build as per normal linux system.

      For the pi I used the sources from
      http://www.jasspa.com/zeroinst.html

      On 19 Nov 2013, at 23:10, Isaac Xin Pei <isaacpei@...> wrote:

      thanks Jon, would you mind post the build script for the rasberry pi? I would like to build it on ubuntu arm port under crouton (a chroot utility to run ubuntu in chromebook).

      Thanks

       Best regards,
         Isaac

      --
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Isaac Xin Pei,

      --
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Isaac Xin Pei,
      - "A word fitly spoken Is like apples of gold in network of silver. " Proverbs 25:11

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Isaac Xin Pei,
      - "A word fitly spoken Is like apples of gold in network of silver. " Proverbs 25:11

      --
      Isaac Xin Pei,
      - "A word fitly spoken Is like apples of gold in network of silver. " Proverbs 25:11

      --
      Isaac Xin Pei,
      - "A word fitly spoken Is like apples of gold in network of silver. " Proverbs 25:11
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic