2706Re: [jasspa] Re: micro-emacs on OSX (intel)

    Aug 27, 2013
      Hi Chris,

      Thanks for info. I will play around with a pc keybosrd and see if there is anything wrong.

      csynt <csynt@...> wrote:
      Hi Jon,

      Just fixed this by trial and error... ;-)

      I have a PC keyboard, but anyway the fix is :
      I enabled the option "Delete sends Control-H" on the terminal prefs,
      and btw, the backspace worked ok on other terminal apps like vi for example.

      kind regards

      chris

      --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, Jon Green <jon@...> wrote:

      Hi Chris,

      I am using OSX myself and do not have this problem.
      So on a MacBook Pro the key labelled "delete" produces a backspace as expected.
      keys fn+delete produces a forward-delete as expected.
      esc+backspace (esc delete key) produces backwards-kill-word
      esc-delete (esc fn+delete key) is unbound.

      me is the downloaded one:
      MicroEmacs 09 - Date 2009/12/12 - darwin

      What kind of keyboard are you using?
      Does this keyboard produce the correct response in other applications?

      On 26 Aug 2013, at 22:55, csynt <csynt@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      I am trying the me under OSX, and I noticed that when I press the backspace, does not delete the previous character. As I see the me recognises the backspace as "Delete" (eg when I press ESC-backspace I see the message key is not bound ESC - Delete).
      Do I need to setup any configuration file? I just unzipped the binary and put it into the /usr/bin.

      thx

      chris

      This is an unmoderated list, but new members are moderated to ensure that there are no spam users. JASSPA is not responsible for the content of
      any material posted to this list.

      To un-subscribe, send a mail message to

      modify your account settings manually.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      This is an unmoderated list, but new members are moderated to ensure that there are no spam users. JASSPA is not responsible for the content of
      any material posted to this list.

      To un-subscribe, send a mail message to

      modify your account settings manually.

      Yahoo! Groups Links