2665Re: [jasspa] suddenly everything quote highlighted!

  • Reza Roboubi
    Oct 31, 2011
      Hi Jon,

      On 11-10-31 03:54 PM, Jon Green wrote:

      > I do not quite agree with your analysis because the quotes are fine in
      > the comment when the current position is less than the look-back
      > distance away. If the quotes in the comment were generally a problem
      > then you would expect this to cause a problem irrespective of the
      > actual distance of the offending statement away from the comment.

      The question isn't what the problem is. The question is, what's the
      solution? We both agree that changing the look-back length _only_
      solves this issue if we set look-back >= file-line-number. That's a fact.

      > As for your idea of putting down anchors, this has potential benefits,
      > I am not sure if this completely eradicates look back in its entirety
      > because it must still be performed for brackets in lines.

      Yes, hilight will simply have to look back until it finds the first
      anchor outside of the window's view port. That way, you get global and
      scalable highlighting, for any language or file size. And I suspect
      it's pretty easy to do: Could someone who knows the source code well
      give clear instructions of what needs to change and the potential
      pitfalls to watch for?

      Reza.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic