2651Re: [jasspa] two specific question from a new user

  • Tom Hundt
    Jul 18, 2011
      org mode is a mode for GNU Emacs that supports outines, checklists, etc.

      I've played around with it and wish MicroEmacs had it.  I've gone so far as to have both ME and Gnu installed just to support some to-do lists.  I'm Lisp-challenged, however, and that always stops me from switching over.

      I think "soft wrap" means wrapping long lines by setting an editor flag, not by inserting actual linefeeds into the text.  What Notepad does in Windows.

      -Tom

      On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Steven Phillips <bill@...> wrote:

      Isaac,

      Welcome to the group!

      Sorry but I'm not familiar with the terms softwrap or orgmode - what are they?

      I'd guess that softwrap is the wrapping of long lines in the display so all the text is visible? If so the answer is no (there has to be some reason why this is 'micro' emacs!)

      Steve

      isaacpei wrote:

      Hello,

      I am an new user of microemacs, I have
      two specific questions:
      1. is there a softwrap feature in uemacs?
      2. is there the 'orgmode' in uemacs?

      thanks a lot!

      Best regards,
      Isaac