2493Re: [jasspa] Alpha Test - A standalone windows executable

  • Bryan Schofield
    Nov 1, 2009
      Brilliant! It would be super brilliant if I could package my JASSPA_HOME the same way and bring it along as a single file.

      On Oct 31, 2009, at 5:11 PM, Jon Green <jon@...> wrote:

      I've just posted an experimental Microsoft Windows me executable to the site here:

      http://www.jasspa. com/development/ jasspa-me- standalone- ms-win32- 20091017. zip

      The executable includes the macros built-in so it just runs wherever it is and
      does not need to be installed so good for a memory stick.

      You can actually get to the internal macros tree using the path "bfs://" (bfs
      being built-in file system), most likely will change this to "int://" or
      "rom://" but at the moment this is simply a prototype. (I know the dates are
      incorrect as well).

      More interestingly your can run M-x grep in here. You can also copy the whole
      tree out using the file browser to copy the directory. Any macros that are
      defined outside in the searchable jasspa directories will over-ride the
      built-in ones.

      Anyway, if you have time then give it a go and see how you like it. I need some
      Guinea pigs to test it! Should we ship executables such as this as standard?