2480Re: [jasspa] Re: Problem while running gdiff via the command line

    Oct 22, 2009
      Can you try running your diff on the command-line, i.e. the gdiff command-line is 'diff -c -w <file1> <file2>' (unless you have changed it via the %gdiff-com variable). Does this work on your Linux box? And is the output similar in format to your windows one (which works so must be a diff which supports -w -c)? If not this is the likely issue,

      Steve

      azynheira wrote:

      Hi All,
      I was quite happy with the proposed solution, until I have tryed it in Linux.

      The old problem occurs - Tryed it with tcsh or bash, with or without toolbar its exactly the same - No diff is possible.

      I'm looking into it :-)

      Regards,
      Pedro

      --- In jasspa@yahoogroups. com, "azynheira" <pedro.gomes@ ...> wrote:

      > That's perfect Steve! :-)
      > Thanks All!
      > Pedro
      > --- In jasspa@yahoogroups. com, Steven Phillips <bill@> wrote:
      > >
      > > What a simple solution! I had wondered how to get the error message
      > > visible on windows, a pause is just what we need. Please try the
      > > following change to get a 5sec pause:
      > >
      > > *** d:\me\macros\ gdiff.emf. ~0~ Wed Oct 21 08:49:44 2009
      > > --- d:\me\macros\ gdiff.emf Wed Oct 21 10:24:29 2009
      > > ************ ***
      > > *** 923,935 ****
      > > set-variable #l1 $buffer-fname
      > > !else
      > > ; more than 2 files given - error
      > > ! ml-write "[Usage error: me \"@gdiff\" <old> <new>]"
      > > 0 quick-exit
      > > !endif
      > > next-buffer
      > > !until &seq $buffer-bname #l2
      > > !if &seq #l1 ""
      > > ! ml-write "[Usage error: me \"@gdiff\" <old> <new>]"
      > > !else
      > > gdiff #l0 #l1
      > > !endif
      > > --- 923,935 ----
      > > set-variable #l1 $buffer-fname
      > > !else
      > > ; more than 2 files given - error
      > > ! 5000 ml-write "[Usage error: me \"@gdiff\" <old> <new>]"
      > > 0 quick-exit
      > > !endif
      > > next-buffer
      > > !until &seq $buffer-bname #l2
      > > !if &seq #l1 ""
      > > ! 5000 ml-write "[Usage error: me \"@gdiff\" <old> <new>]"
      > > !else
      > > gdiff #l0 #l1
      > > !endif
      > > [EXIT 1]
      > >

      > > azynheira wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Hi Steve,
      > > > This one works ok :-). The only thing missing is some pause in case of
      > > > error (the message in the modeline appears), instead of quick-exiting
      > > > to the OS. But I think we can live with it ...
      > > >
      > > > Regards,
      > > > Pedro
      > > >
      > > > --- In jasspa@yahoogroups. com <mailto:jasspa% 40yahoogroups. com>,

      > > > <http://www.jasspa. com/development/ patches-20091017 />
      > > > <http://www.jasspa. com/development/ patches-20091017 />> directory.

      > > > <mailto:jasspa% 40yahoogroups. com>,

      > > > <mailto:jasspa% 40yahoogroups. com>, Jon

      > > > <http://www.jasspa. com/development/ patches-20091017 />
      > > > <http://www.jasspa. com/development/ patches-20091017 />>

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic