2476Re: [jasspa] Re: Problem while running gdiff via the command line

    Oct 21, 2009
      What a simple solution! I had wondered how to get the error message visible on windows, a pause is just what we need. Please try the following change to get a 5sec pause:

      *** d:\me\macros\gdiff.emf.~0~    Wed Oct 21 08:49:44 2009
      --- d:\me\macros\gdiff.emf    Wed Oct 21 10:24:29 2009
      ***************
      *** 923,935 ****
                    set-variable #l1 $buffer-fname
                  !else
                    ; more than 2 files given - error
      !             ml-write "[Usage error: me \"@gdiff\" <old> <new>]"
                    0 quick-exit
                  !endif
                  next-buffer
                !until &seq $buffer-bname #l2
                !if &seq #l1 ""
      !           ml-write "[Usage error: me \"@gdiff\" <old> <new>]"
                !else
                  gdiff #l0 #l1
                !endif
      --- 923,935 ----
                    set-variable #l1 $buffer-fname
                  !else
                    ; more than 2 files given - error
      !             5000 ml-write "[Usage error: me \"@gdiff\" <old> <new>]"
                    0 quick-exit
                  !endif
                  next-buffer
                !until &seq $buffer-bname #l2
                !if &seq #l1 ""
      !           5000 ml-write "[Usage error: me \"@gdiff\" <old> <new>]"
                !else
                  gdiff #l0 #l1
                !endif
      [EXIT 1]

      azynheira wrote:

      Hi Steve,
      This one works ok :-). The only thing missing is some pause in case of error (the message in the modeline appears), instead of quick-exiting to the OS. But I think we can live with it ...

      Regards,
      Pedro

      --- In jasspa@yahoogroups. com, Steven Phillips <bill@...> wrote:

      > Pedro,
      >
      > Could you please try the attached version, I've had a little hack...
      >
      > Steve
      >
      > azynheira wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi Jon,
      > > I tryed to use the gdiff from the command line with my huge toolbar
      > > and the problem stays the same (I used the version in the
      > > http://www.jasspa. com/development/ patches-20091017 /
      > > <http://www.jasspa. com/development/ patches-20091017 /> directory.
      > >
      > > I'll try to debug the stuff and provide more accurate feedback.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Pedro
      > >
      > > --- In jasspa@yahoogroups. com <mailto:jasspa% 40yahoogroups. com>,
      > > "azynheira" <pedro.gomes@ > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Jon,
      > > > I will give them a try and get back to you,
      > > >
      > > > Thanks,
      > > > Pedro
      > > >
      > > > --- In jasspa@yahoogroups. com <mailto:jasspa% 40yahoogroups. com>, Jon

      > > and complain with the usual message "gdiff Error: usage <new> <old".

      > > and toolbar do not mix together.

      > > does not exist in the PATH it will not complain and will think the
      > > files are equal :-)

      > > following directory:

      > > <http://www.jasspa. com/development/ patches-20091017 />

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic