2463Re: [jasspa] Problem while running gdiff via the command line

    Oct 20, 2009
      azynheira wrote:
      > Hello All,
      > I've found some bug in gdiff :-)
      > If I execute gdiff as an independent tool via:
      > me "@gdiff" <old> <new>
      > and I have the toolbar enabled, gdiff will never diff anything and complain with the usual message "gdiff Error: usage <new> <old".
      >
      > If I disable the toolbar it will work perfectly. It seems gdiff and toolbar do not mix together.

      Cor! Yes you are right. It is because gdiff runs me.emf in its startup and is restoring the session.

      Here is a temporary patch for the end of the gdiff.emf, replaced the existing startup code.
      It basically kills the toolbar *item-list* which is causing the problem.
      I have not figured out why there is a !force find-buffer #l0 in here at the moment, I do not think it is needed:

      !if .start-up
      define-macro start-up
      !force 2 delete-other-windows
      ; Delete the item list if the toolbar is enabled.
      !force 1 delete-buffer "*item-list*"
      !if &seq $buffer-bname "*scratch*"
      next-buffer
      !endif
      set-variable #l0 $buffer-fname
      set-variable #l2 $buffer-bname
      ; Why is this here?
      ; !force find-buffer #l0
      next-buffer
      !if &seq $buffer-bname "*scratch*"
      next-buffer
      set-variable #l1 $buffer-fname
      set-variable #l3 $buffer-bname
      !else
      set-variable #l1 $buffer-fname
      set-variable #l3 $buffer-bname
      next-buffer
      !endif
      next-buffer
      !if &or ¬ &seq $buffer-bname #l2 &seq #l2 #l3
      ml-write "[Usage error: me \"@gdiff\" <old> <new>]"
      !else
      gdiff #l0 #l1

      > Another minor problem is that if diff.exe (in Win32 of course!) does not exist in the PATH it will not complain and will think the files are equal :-)

      In the 20091011 windows installer then you can install the windows tools as an option.
      These are placed in the "ME" directory so they should be found. Did you install these or are you using something else (possibly nothing)?

      Regards
      Jon