242620090909 Linux, window height = entire screen

  • Tom Hundt
    Sep 25, 2009
      Hi, I'm having the following issue running the 20090909 release on CentOS Linux.

      Upon running the X11 version of the program, the window height expands
      to fill the entire screen, top to bottom. $frame-depth gets set
      accordingly (79, in my case).

      And, even weirder, the width. The first time it might be at 80, then
      when I exit and rerun it, it's 67, then like 30, then like 20, then
      like 8, then goes back to 80. Strange!

      It also resets to a tall+skinny size when I switch color schemes. I
      think it does a general "reset" of the display part of things when you
      switch schemes. It's this resetting that is guessing the size
      parameters wrong.

      It does it even without running company files. (I.e., just the
      default macros.) But, if I run the binary from the build directory
      (i.e., MEPATH not set, so it can't find *any* of the macro files), it
      works okay (and complains it can't find "me" i.e., me.emf -- as
      expected.). So, right now I'm guessing it's something in the macro
      files and/or the registry that's causing the problem.

      Q. How do you find out what the current registry file is? (in my case
      typically ~/.jasspa/thundt.erf -- but how to confirm?) This doesn't
      seem to be in any variable.

      I've been grepping for "-depth" (window-depth and frame-depth) in the
      macro files but haven't figured out which one it is. I'm wondering if
      it could be the registry. If I wipe mine out, it comes up with a
      window 30 x <screen-height> with the user-setup page in it.

      Workaround is to manually set the $frame-depth to something
      reasonable, or move+resize the window. (Actually I have a macro that
      cycles through a few common width x depth combinations for me.)

      The weird thing about my setup is that it's a 3 monitors wide desktop.

      X11 client is Cygwin/X X Server 1.5.3 (20090222), ultimately on top of
      WinXP latest updates.

      Linux info is this:
      Linux <hostname_removed> 2.6.18-128.1.10.el5xen #1 SMP Thu May 7
      11:07:18 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

      Any ideas?

      Thanks,

      --
      Thomas Hundt <tom@...> +1-415-867-6698