2316Console ME over slow network

  • Bryan Schofield
    May 23, 2008
      I'm having to do some work remotely over a painfully slow network. ME
      works great in console mode -- I'm rlogin'ed to a Solaris server.
      However, over the slow connection, sometimes complex key sequences are
      mis-interpreted. For example, pressing F8 sends ^[[19~. Sometimes it
      is properly handled, sometimes it seems be handled as ^[[1 followed by
      a 9~. So what I'm wondering is there something I can do to globally
      increase the threshold for which key sequences are interpreted. I know
      I could redefine every key using

      n translate-key

      specifying a delay, but I'd rather not.

      Thanks in advance.