2291Re: pseudo-wrap

  • Alex Worden
    Nov 19, 2007
      Hi,

      Did this ever get fixed? If so, please can someone explain how to set
      this up. Please assume I know nothing....

      I'd really like to be able to inspect files and have the content
      wrapped for display, but not modified in the content. It's very
      difficult to look at log files otherwise and so I usually resort to
      using 'less'. It would be awesome to be able to use ME for this.

      Thanks,

      Alex

      --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, jon@... wrote:

      > > On 1/15/07, Phillips, Steven <sphillips@...> wrote:
      > >
      > >> There is a command called 'browse' which has a wrap mode bound
      to 'w',
      > >> this is
      > >> the closest ME comes to this type of feature,
      > >
      > > but it is only for viewing, as i see..
      > >
      > > the point is that i'd like to edit some text files in ME (since it's
      > > the best editor, you know :)), but then i should forward those files
      > > to printing house, and therefore files should not have any hard line
      > > break (only those to separate paragraphs).
      > >
      > > as i've mentioned earlier, i've tried to add a little macro:
      > >
      > > define-macro format-text
      > > beginning-of-buffer
      > > 65536 paragraph-to-line
      > > !emacro
      > >
      > > but somehow it works strange for me -- when applying it sometimes
      > > "eat" spaces between words at the beginning of the lines -- the
      > > possibility of "eating" seems to be bigger if words are short or the
      > > language is non-english (it can be seen when applying several times).
      > >
      > > so, i would be really grateful for any advice or hint :)
      > >
      > > thank you.
      > >

      > Yes I've noticed this as well I think there is a bug in the
      paragraph wrap
      > somewhere in 06/09/09. You need this to work to do what you want to
      do. We
      > should look at patching this.
      >
      > Jon.

      > > --