2262Re: [jasspa] Re: symbolic link and file-browser

    May 28, 2007
      Thomas Hundt wrote:
      > FYI It's working for me (SuSE 32-bit) and it's been very stable over the
      > past few years. What versions are you using?
      >
      > One thing I'd ask is, when you hit F10 to bring up the file browser,
      > does it recognize the symbolic links? (It should display for example
      > "HackSym/ -> Hack" for a link created using 'ln -s Hack HackSym'.)
      >
      > How far does it get when it crashes? When you click on (or hit Return
      > on) one of these entries, it says at the bottom, "[Evaluating <item>]".
      > It also changes the directory tree display on the left to show the
      > directories in the selected dir. And it changes the pane on the right
      > to show the directories and files.
      >
      > -Th

      Good point, I wonder if there is an incompatibility with the linked
      glibc.so? Maybe need to build from source to correct the problem. The
      current version is distributed with Gentoo and there do not seem to be
      any problems with Linux.

      Strongly suggest a source re-build and see how it goes on your system.

      I was going to try building this on CentOs 5.0 to see what happens -
      will do this later in the week.