220[jasspa] Re: Configuring for the Wheele mouse.

    Feb 24, 2000
      The wheel events should be configured using user-setup. Simply run user-setup
      (Help->User Setup). Go to the Mouse page. Click on the Button which by default
      is 'Left' and a pop-down menu appears which contains 'Wheel Up' and 'Wheel
      Down'. Select one of these and then select Bound To and you will get a list of
      Scroll functions.

      Note that this is a much better way of doing this as firstly you don't need to
      edit a file, secondly you can also setup modifiers easily (i.e. Shift wheel to
      move a page etc) and thirdly on unix some magic key translations must be done
      to support a wheel which this does for you.

      Steve

      > Subject: [jasspa] Configuring for the Wheele mouse.
      > From: Jon Green <jnaught@...>
      > Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:22:54 -0100
      > To: polingsd@..., Jasspe eGroup <jasspa@egroups.com>
      >
      > polingsd@... wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > Sorry, if this isn't the right place to send this question. if not, please
      > > vector me to the correct venue.
      > >
      > > I've got a logitec wheelie mouse and when I run the scroll button up or down, I
      > > get the message: Key not bound: mouse-wup (or mouse-wdown depending on direction
      > > of travel). I figure this is cured with a simple macro to bind these commands to
      > > Esc Control-V (or Control-V).
      > >
      > > Is mouse.emf the right place to put this? Are there complications I should worry
      > > about? It looks like all the heavy lifting was done getting the program to
      > > respond to wheelie motion with mouse-wup and mouse-wdown, why was a simple last
      > > step omitted? I figured there must be something i'm missing.
      > >
      > > Thanks in advance,
      > >
      > > steve
      >
      > Add these to your own "user.emf" file which you use at startup. Need to
      > add a binding along the lines of:-
      >
      > 3 global-bind-key scroll-up "mouse-wup"
      > 3 global-bind-key scroll-down "mouse-wdown"
      >
      > You can add these to mouse.emf, the only problem then is
      > if you download a newer version of the code + macros
      > then you loose the changes. This is the only reason
      > why we prefer people to keep "their stuff" in "their space".
      >
      > Probably a good question why these are not in. They have only been
      > available in the release in the last few months.
      >
      > The correct forum for questions is here (jasspa@...).
      > However we prefer people to mail onto the mail reflector.
      > The only reason for this is that if we are not around then
      > your question does not get answered - other people will tend
      > to answer if they can.
      >
      > You can find out about the mail archive from the www.jasspa.com
      > site. There are details of how to subscribe and mail on the
      > "Additional Support Information" link - so you can browse the
      > archive as well.
      >
      > Regards
      > Jon

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic