2041Re: [jasspa] macro for close / exit

  • dsjkvf
    Oct 24, 2006
      On 10/24/06, Thomas Hundt <thundt@...> wrote:

      > It sounds to me like you want one key for closing the current document,
      > not exiting the program. (Most Windows software uses Ctrl-F4 for this
      > purpose. Or, more recently, coming over from the Mac world, Ctrl-W.)

      well, yes, that's the right example :).

      the only additional thing i want is an ability to close ME too with
      the same "Ctrl-W" if there are no open buffers left (with an exception
      for those system *buffers* like *scratch*, etc)

      > So, in ME, maybe you want save-buffer (C-x C-s) followed by kill-buffer
      > (C-x C-k), wrapped in a macro. Would this work for notes and other
      > things you use?

      in fact, no.

      1. i do not want to save additionally. (generally, ME asks if you want
      to kill an unsaved buffer. and, from the other side, i press C-x C-s
      quite often :))
      2. when you execute delete-buffer it _always_ asks you if you really
      want to kill a buffer even if there were no changes made to it -- so,
      i'd like to skip this question :).

      3. in fact, i think that there should be some IF ... THEN ...
      condition, which would perform different commands depending on the
      situation: delete-buffer if there is "simple" buffer in a foreground;
      file-browser-close if there is a file-browser in a foreground;
      exit-emacs if there are no open buffers left (as i've mentioned above,
      with an exception for "system" buffers), etc -- something like that
      :).

      dsjkvf

      Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they AREN'T after you.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic