1997Re: [jasspa] java indent and highligting

    Oct 5, 2006
      Thomas Hundt wrote:
      > Hold it. This release is unusable.
      >
      > Basic functionality has been broken:
      >
      > private static final Logger LOG =
      > Logger.getLogger(PeakHourReportRunner.class);
      >
      > now comes out as
      >
      > private static final Logger LOG =
      > Logger.getLogger(PeakHourReportRunner.class);
      >
      > and if-else statements come out as
      >
      > if (something)
      > do_something();
      > else
      > do_something_else();
      >
      > (Bryan feels the whole world should have to put in braces, but --
      > idealism aside -- I know I'm going to be editing plenty of peoples' code
      > without all the braces where he would like them. It IS a legitimate
      > Java feature not to have to put in extra braces where they aren't
      > necessary, and having the editor properly indent them will allow one to
      > find out where one screwed it up, right? I mean that is why we are
      > doing this, yes?)
      >
      > I'm rather have it work the way it used to, minus any of the new
      > "improvements", if basic functionality like this goes out the window.
      >
      > Sorry, Jon. It was looking great there for a while, but this is too much.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > -Th

      Hi Thomas,

      Thanks for the info and knee jerk reaction, just what I was looking for.

      M-x major-mode-setup

      will allow you to turn on 'C' indentation again this should restore what
      you had before. I'll make C mode the default and then leave the other
      method in for the 'Java pure' people.