1950RE: [jasspa] Re: highlighting, two more question

    Sep 11, 2006
      The '\\w' in the hilighting token means any word character (i.e.
      normally a-z A-Z 0-9), you can replace this with a '[.....]' character
      group (i.e. "*\\}[ \t]+[A-Za-z.....]") or you could change your word
      group to include the missing western characters and I think there may be
      a problem here.

      In your example you have 'а-я', this is not ME macro format
      compliant, ME uses C style '\x??' for a text character where '??' is the
      hex code (i.e. [\x41-\x5a] == [A-Z]). However 1072 is well above the 255
      single byte max value, you seem to be giving it unicode chars which will
      not work, ME is a single byte editor. What language are you editing in
      and what code page?

      Try setting user-setup -> Start-Up -> Language and Platform -> Display
      Char Set correctly, this should set your word character group correctly
      (i.e. if set to Russian the word group will include all the Cyrillic
      alphabet) and this will mean that the bullt-in hilighting and word
      commands (like forward-word) will work correctly.

      Does the current ME installation support your language and code page? If
      not we should try adding support for it first.

      Does this make sense?