1850Re: [jasspa] Re: Text Utilities/Tools with HTML files

    May 27 9:48 AM
      I take the brute force kludge approach and put this in my company file,
      making it available from every language. Maybe you can do something
      similar. (You can just bind the thing directly, not use the wrapper
      here. I have this because I often want to fill a whole bunch of
      paragraphs in a row. There's probably a more elegant solution which
      someone will probably point out in a moment :-) .)

      ;------------------------------------------------------------
      ; my-ifill-paragraph: makes fill move cursor to end by default
      ; (use numarg of 0 to leave it in place -- default for ifill)
      ;------------------------------------------------------------
      define-macro my-ifill-paragraph
      !if @?
      !if &equ @# 0
      ifill-paragraph
      !else
      @# ifill-paragraph
      !endif
      !else
      1 ifill-paragraph
      !emacro
      !force global-bind-key my-ifill-paragraph "C-x p"

      If I really wanted to use the menu, I would think about copying the menu
      code from hktxt.emf (or wherever) into myhtml.emf (or wherever) in my
      company dir. Then, the menu will become available whenever an html file
      is edited.

      Enjoy,

      -Th

      Gadrin wrote, On 5/27/2006 9:14 AM:
      > no, I don't just want to wrap text, I may not be typing it. I want to
      > be able to access the TEXT TOOLS menu from within HTML files.
      >
      > for instance someone supplies me with a file whose text goes far
      > beyond the right portion of the screen.
      >
      > I need to be able to place the cursor at the start of the paragraph
      > and use C-c C-l to left-justify the para.
      >
      > this is handy when I get "non-pretty" html and the lines are very
      > long, I can quickly re-align it into a chunk of text I can see.
      >
      > --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@...>
      > wrote:
      >> You should be able to do this by simply disabling Auto indent using
      >> buffer-setup and enabling 'wrap' buffer mode. To get wrap enabled
      > for
      >> every html file you load, create the following my-fhook-html in
      > your own
      >> myhtml.emf file.
      >>
      >> 0 define-macro my-fhook-html
      >> 1 buffer-mode "wrap"