1840Auto-indent again

  • smithno999
    May 4, 2006
      I used a computer today that I had not made the adjustments to
      turn off auto indent that you all gave me previously. After using
      it for half an hour, I finally figured out
      what the real problem I have with ME's auto indent feature. I
      think I can describe it:

      Assume that you want to break a line in the middle. You place
      the cursor in the middle of the line and press the Enter key.
      ME re-indents the current line before inserting breaking the
      line. It then indents the new line.

      I believe that the auto indenting should NOT affect the current line,
      only the new line. At least that is how all of the other editors
      that I use work. Also the auto indention is to the same point as the
      original line.

      I think at least adding an option for auto indent to work this way
      is a good enhancement to ME.

      Thanks for listening,

      Norm
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic