1838RE: [jasspa] bindings, notes, etc

    May 2, 2006
      Alex

      > > > Do you mean that if showing MicroEmacs, C-up would move to
      > > > Cross-platform, and change the note being shown on the
      > right hand side?
      > > yes, exactly. is it possible -- to change nodes without
      > switching to
      > > left (tree) panel?
      >
      > may it's possible to macro such movements for now? i have
      > quite big amount of nodes at the left side and moving among
      > them is a real pain:
      > switch window, use arrows, press enter to select (which, btw,
      > also closes all child nodes), switch window again (or press tab)... :)

      Use space instead of enter.

      > may be some macros guru could advise me something here? :)

      I have created macros to do this and bound them to C-page-up & down -
      this will be in the next release.

      > how should
      > it in this
      > > > I have already bound f10 to hide the notes frame, this will be in
      > > > the next release, so you can use whatever key-binding you like to
      > > > open notes and f10 to close it (I have made quite a few
      > changes in
      > > > this area to make it work much better).
      >
      > something similar here -- is it possible to macro or
      > translate or do something else :) in order to open / close
      > Notes with *one* key -- just like file-browser acts?

      I have changed the main 'notes' command to hide the notes if currently
      visible, so if you bind the notes command to f9 pressing f9 will open
      notes, press it again will close notes. Available in the next release.

      > and one more question -- when i press "(" and then ")" aka
      > closing bracket, the cursor is placed for a certain moment at
      > the "(" aka opening bracket and then -- just after the ")".
      > is it possible to disable such behaviour? do not want the
      > cursor to jump anywhere :).

      See user-setup -> Platform -> Fence Display setting