1831RE: [jasspa] bindings, notes, etc

    Apr 27, 2006
      Alex,

      > 1. i do really like Notes utility and use it a lot -- but is
      > it possible to bind some keys to switch between it's
      > sections? i mean, i have a tree like that:
      >
      > +- Software
      > +- Cross-platform
      > +- MicroEmacs
      >
      > and while in right (notes) pane i want to use let's say, C-up
      > / C-down to go through the whole tree without a need to
      > switch back to the left
      > (tree) pane. is it possible to make such a binding? sorry if
      > i described it a bit chaotic :).

      Do you mean that if showing MicroEmacs, C-up would move to
      Cross-platform, and change the note being shown on the right hand side?

      I personally use C-up (move 5 lines) too much to ever contemplate
      rebinding it in a text buffer. Further you really need tree navigation
      keys, i.e. the ability to:

      Go to parent
      Go to first child
      Go to prev sibling
      Go to next sibling

      And the bindings must not effect general buffer navigation and editing -
      anyone got any ideas on what bindings should be used?

      > 2. F10 is a shortcut to open / close the filemanager. is it
      > possible to bind, e.g., F9 the same way to open and close
      > Notes utility? i use global-bind-key notes "F9" to open, but
      > how should i bind it in order to close when open? i know
      > there is buffer-bind-key but can't find out how to properly
      > use it in this case...

      I have already bound f10 to hide the notes frame, this will be in the
      next release, so you can use whatever key-binding you like to open notes
      and f10 to close it (I have made quite a few changes in this area to
      make it work much better).

      > 4. and, btw, how can i exit ME without any additional
      > questions? :) i mean, if i do not want to save anything --
      > something similar to vi's ":q!" :)

      8 exit-emacs