1716RE: [jasspa] me -n ?

    Nov 14, 2005
      The use of 'C-h k' for this type of problem has limited use. The problem
      is that these keys events send multiple key sequences and unless you
      have already setup the translation correctly ME will generate several
      input key events for that single key press.

      For example, if the Home key generates "^[ [ 1 ~", without the correct
      translation this will be broken down to:

      "esc [" - '^[' is an escape char, this is bound to backward-paragraph
      "1" - Insert a '1'
      "~" - Insert a '~'

      Doing a describe-key before pressing this key would report 'esc-[
      backward-paragraph' but you would not see this as ME then immediately
      receives a '1' and '~' key event. ME tends to go ballistic if you press
      these extended keys without the correct translation because they all
      tend to start with '^['.

      So how do you fix this? As already discussed, it is through the use of
      translate-key, previous posting
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jasspa/message/928 covers most of this.

      I would however like to add 2 suggestions on how to get the required key
      translation sequence:

      1) Run 'sh' (the most basic shell), press the problematic key and then
      return (enter). As sh does not usually handle these keys either it will
      usually print something like:

      ~[[1~: Not found

      2) A simpler way of using ME's $recent-keys is to run:

      me -n @a

      Because 'a.emf' does not exist ME effectively starts up with no
      configuration, i.e. no translate-key settings that can cause confusion.
      This is easier that trying to find and comment out all the existing