1509Re: [jasspa] Search path issue -- CWD, $HOME

  • Meino Christian Cramer
    Jul 1, 2005
      From: Jon Green <jnaught@...>
      Subject: Re: [jasspa] Search path issue -- CWD, $HOME
      Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 11:21:23 +0100

      Isn't exactly that dangerous as the alias scheme I suggested ? How
      long one will search for a bug due to thei sfeature ? I need teh
      system tool strace to find out, what's going on...

      In security related publications one is warned not to include "." in
      $PATH on UNIX system just for that reason...

      just my two cent...

      Meino

      PS: If one really want this, s/he is free to include "." into
      $MEUSERPATH or even $MEPATH...but as an "invisible" default...I really
      dont know...