1315Re: [jasspa] me on HP-UX

  • Rick Owen
    Feb 21, 2005
      Hi Jon,

      Ah... back to normal. Colors look great - syntax highlighting makes life good again. Thanks for
      your help and for a nice development tool.

      Rick.
      --- Jon Green <jnaught@...> wrote:

      > Rick Owen wrote:
      > > Jon, thanks for the quick reply. I did as you suggested and now have me working correctly.
      > The
      > > one last piece one which I need help is getting syntax coloring going. I have edit me.emf and
      > > commented out the line
      > >
      > > ;add-file-hook ".sql" fhook-sql
      >

      > > and modfied the .pls line to be:
      > >
      > > add-file-hook ".pls .sql" fhook-pls
      >

      > OK, best not to edit "me.emf". Better to do this in your rlo.emf
      > i.e.
      >
      > add-file-hook ".pls .sql" fhook-pls
      >
      > Because your rlo.emf is executed after me.emf then the correct hooks
      > will be applied as you want them.
      >

      > > but I can't remember what I need to do to get syntax coloring going. I apologize for asking
      > > rather than reading the help, etc. but have no more time for reading the manual right now.
      > I've
      > > got a ton of work to do. My telnet software is configured as VT220 with ANSI color enabled.
      >
      > No problem:-
      >
      > M-x user-setup (or esc-x user-setup)
      >
      > TAB until on "start-up" tab
      >
      > Cursor Left to "platform" tab
      >
      > Then TAB through the fields or use the hot keys
      > to "Termcap color" - enable this field.
      >
      > You may want to change your color scheme
      > to "Termcap (black)"
      >
      > TAB to "Current" at bottom - this will change to current settings.
      > when you are happy with it then "Save" which will save the settings.
      >

      > > Also, I am using telnet software to connect to my host and I can't recall what key sequence I
      > use
      > > to activate the menu.
      >
      > Use "M-x user-setup" I cannot recall the key sequence either !
      >
      > Jon.

      =====
      "I can never look upon the stars without wondering that the whole world does not become astronomers; and that men, endowed with sense and reason, should neglect a science that must convince them of their immortality." (Thomas Wright)
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic