1311me on HP-UX

  • rickowen@yahoo.com
    Feb 21, 2005
      I have downloaded and tried to set up the 2005 RC on HP-UX. I have no
      rights on this machine other than to my own development directory, so
      I tried setting things up like the quick installation instructions show.

      When execute the me binary I get a message "failed to load file me" at
      the bottom of the screen and the menu doesn't appear at the top of the
      screen.

      I have tried a couple of different variations on the same theme
      without any success.

      My home directory is /home/train/rlo but I work out of
      /home/train/tprod3, so I created a directory /home/train/tprod3/jasspa
      and from that directory I untarred the metree file. That created a
      subdirectory jasspa, so I decided that I had one too many levels.

      I removed everything and untarred the metree file from
      /home/train/tprod3. That gave me /home/train/tprod3/jasspa, with the
      appropriate subdirs (i.e. macros, company, spelling, contrib,
      pixmaps). I unpacked the binary into the jasspa directory and chmoded
      it (u+x). When I did ./me I received the message "failed to load file
      me". So I did "cd macros" and executed the binary. This time it
      walked me through the installation process and I answered the
      question. However, when I left the macros directory and executed the
      binary I received the same message.

      What am I doing wrong? At the present my directory structure is:

      /home/train/tprod3/jasspa
      /home/train/tprod3/jasspa/macros
      /home/train/tprod3/jasspa/spelling
      /home/train/tprod3/jasspa/contrib
      /home/train/tprod3/jasspa/company

      here are the contents of my jasspa directory:

      gabriel: /home/train/tprod3/jasspa ll
      total 1170
      drwxr-xr-x 2 rlo train 96 Feb 21 06:00 company
      drwxr-xr-x 2 rlo train 1024 Feb 21 06:00 contrib
      drwxr-xr-x 2 rlo train 7168 Feb 21 06:00 macros
      -rwxr----- 1 rlo train 581632 Feb 21 05:58 me
      drwxr-xr-x 2 rlo train 1024 Feb 21 06:00 pixmaps
      -rw-r--r-- 1 rlo train 1763 Feb 21 06:30 rlo.emf
      -rw-r--r-- 1 rlo train 2268 Feb 21 06:32 rlo.erf
      -rw-r--r-- 1 rlo train 2268 Feb 21 06:32 rlo.erf~
      drwxr-xr-x 2 rlo train 96 Feb 21 06:00 spelling

      Here are my environment variables:
      MEPATH=/home/train/tprod3/jasspa
      MENAME=rlo
      MEINSTALLPATH=/home/train/tprod3/jasspa