1293open, save hooks?

  • Kimmo Pietarinen
    Dec 22, 2004

      I miss the functionality that is found for example in vim that the cursor position is saved for visited files and restored when the file is re-opened. I know that it is possible to get a somewhat similar functionality by using the -c flag to 'me', but I do not want 'me' to restore my entire previous session including open files etc.

      Ok, so I though I would have this as a small Chrismas project and implement a macro that does this. I am new to macro programming and have only done some small macros previously. I have searched the help pages but not really figured out how to intercept the file open and save commands. Is it possible to do and what hooks or callbacks should I use? I have tried to do something with $buffer-fhook, $buffer-bhook and $buffer-dhook, but they do not seem really appropriate...

      Thanks,

      Kimmo

      Online Virus Test: Scanna din computer GRATIS online-scanna

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic