1140Re: [jasspa] HTML tag matching

  • first last
    Jul 27, 2004
      HTML does not require you to close the tags, but it is recommended (and
      required in XHTML).

      What many editors do is closing the closest tag as soon as you type </,
      no keypress required, can it get any easier than that?

      --- Thomas Hundt <thundt@...> wrote:
      ---------------------------------
      [Gabriel]
      > For a while I have been looking for an editor that would hightlight
      > unmatched html tags (to no avail).
      > Would it be possible to:
      > 1. Show unmatched tags in a different colour (error colour?). So if
      you
      colour?

      I think in XML you are *required* to match (close) tags strictly; in
      HTML you can get away with leaving a lot of them out (e.g., </td>
      before
      a </tr>). So this sort of thing would be useful for XML mode.

      A nifty extra added feature would be a command that closed the most
      recent open tag. E.g., after a <td> you hit the key and it types the

      modify your account settings manually.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT