1079Bug

  • first last
    Apr 6, 2004
      One bug that I have found and that it annoys me quite a lot:

      If I have a file with some text and do a "replace all" replacing "\n"
      with whatever the file grows enormously (until the line is too long or
      I stop it).

      I know this is caused by ME adding a "\n" at the end of the file but,
      if it is gonna do this, it should ignore the "\n" before the EOF when
      replacing, shouldn't it?

      As a workaround, can the "append "\n" to the end of the file" be
      disabled?

      Also, is there any special reason for having a maximum line size? I
      find that limit annoying sometimes, when I get data files and want to
      convert them (replacing the "\n"s with ","s and so on).

      Thanks

      Gabriel