1028Re: [jasspa] More indent questions

    Feb 19, 2004
      Jeremy Cowgar wrote:

      > Greetings... Everyone is probably getting tired of my weird indent
      > problems, but I have another one...
      >
      > if a = 1 then
      > ..say('a = 1');
      > else
      > ..say('a != 1');
      >

      > if a = 1 then
      > ..begin
      > ....say('a = 1');
      > ..end;
      > else
      > ..say('a != 1');
      >
      > if a = 1 then
      > ..say('a = 1');
      > else
      > ..begin
      > ....say('a != 1');
      > ..end;
      >
      > All of those are valid. What I don't know how to do is in the first example,
      > indent the next line only. I can see where the "if" would indent 2, N, and
      > the "else" would indent -2 "s" to make the first part work, but from
      > then on, the indent will be in 2 characters because it never quit.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Jeremy

      I think you could use Steves new "x" and "t" modes
      and run multiple indent schemes. This would then allow
      you to drop out following a ';'. These are very
      new so nobody has really used then outside of
      inserting alternate schemes, but I think they could
      also be applicable in this case.

      See "hkxml.emf" and be a pioneer ! If you get
      it to work then post back the answer - would
      be interested to see how you applied it.