29Loss of WWF assignment

  • jasonpearce
    Aug 21, 2002
      This is a quick update regarding my status as a Peace Corps Trainee.

      1. I did not meet with the country director at 3:00 p.m. yesterday
      for he was out of the office. The meeting was rescheduled for 8:00
      a.m. today (Wednesday, August 21, 2002).

      2. The country director said that after meeting with my counterpart
      from the World Wildlife Fund (my assignment) on Monday to discuss why
      I was not sworn in, the WWF rescinded their invitation to have me
      serve as a volunteer.

      3. Since I no longer have a site assignment, the Peace Corps will
      have to find me a new assignment.

      4. If they cannot find me an assignment, the Peace Corps will send me
      home.

      Also, they want me to move into a hotel today. I'm currently living
      with a host family in Grove (an hour away from Georgetown) and was
      scheduled to move in to my new home in Georgetown tomorrow. So I
      have to head back to Grove to pack. They pick me up at 2:30 p.m.
      today.

      --Jason.Pearce.net

      DISCLAIMER
      The opinions, views, and insights stated within this
      listserve/community are my own and do not represent the viewpoints of
      the Peace Corps, the U.S. Government, Guyana, or any other nation or
      organization. Any interpretation or use of this content beyond the
      context of unofficial personal opinion would be erroneous.