29Loss of WWF assignment
- Aug 21 6:04 AMThis is a quick update regarding my status as a Peace Corps Trainee.
1. I did not meet with the country director at 3:00 p.m. yesterday
for he was out of the office. The meeting was rescheduled for 8:00
a.m. today (Wednesday, August 21, 2002).
2. The country director said that after meeting with my counterpart
from the World Wildlife Fund (my assignment) on Monday to discuss why
I was not sworn in, the WWF rescinded their invitation to have me
serve as a volunteer.
3. Since I no longer have a site assignment, the Peace Corps will
have to find me a new assignment.
4. If they cannot find me an assignment, the Peace Corps will send me
Also, they want me to move into a hotel today. I'm currently living
with a host family in Grove (an hour away from Georgetown) and was
scheduled to move in to my new home in Georgetown tomorrow. So I
have to head back to Grove to pack. They pick me up at 2:30 p.m.
The opinions, views, and insights stated within this
listserve/community are my own and do not represent the viewpoints of
the Peace Corps, the U.S. Government, Guyana, or any other nation or
organization. Any interpretation or use of this content beyond the
context of unofficial personal opinion would be erroneous.