Komoro in Nagano Prefecture

  • enterhole
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
      Dear Jersey Eric and all,
      Komoro reminds me my old days. Komoro is a small city in Nagano
      prefecture where is famoous foor the Winter Olympic. I hope you
      meant this city, Eric.

      When I was a conductor, I used to work on the Asama Express between
      Ueno and Nagano. I would annouce stations before the train get
      there. "Ladies and gentlemans, we will soon arrive at Komoro, Stop
      after Komoro will be Ueda."Ueno, Omiya, Takasaki, Karuizawa, Komoro,
      Ueda, Togura, Shinonoi, Nagano.... I will never forget these
      stations. Komoro is a traditional city. I like there very much.

      Eric, please take care of yourself. Working till late will make you
      tired, I am sure. As for me, I could come back home earlier, so I
      woke up at 4am and went to the golf course. I played 9 holes then I
      went to the office. It was my first time to play golf for more than
      2 months. I topped the first T shot. lol. The 8th hole was terrible,
      my score was 9. Since it rained very hard last night, bunkers became
      so hard. But it was my fault to hit my ball into the bunker. Anyways
      I got a 45 for 9 holes.

      Yes, the opposite of Genki is Tsukareta. But you could say Genki
      janai, too!

      TGIF,
      Shino
    • Eric (NJ)
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2003
        Dear Shino,

        Yes, I did mean Komoro in Nagano prefecture. The other business that
        was moved to (reorganized under) my small company is based in Komoro .
        . . that is, its factory & offices are in Komoro and its warehouse is
        in Takasaki. I have never been to Komoro or Takasaki. But I sent a
        young man who works for me to Japan last month (30 June to 9 July).
        This young man went to Komoro for 4 days on this trip. He said the
        area was quite nice & peaceful.

        I am still "Genki janai" but I hope to relax soon and plan my trip to
        Brussels & Paris! Bye! ERIC (N.J.)