NEW BROCK ILLUSTRATIONS ADDED TO PHOTOS!!!

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2004
      Hi everybody!

      I just wanted to let you know that I just added a Photo Album full
      of the original elegant and charming C.E. and H.M. Brock pictures.
      They were the brothers who first illustrated Jane's stories, and I
      think their pictures have never been surpassed in capturing the
      elegance, wit, and spirit of the stories. (Not to mention the
      Regency fashions and interiors!)

      I scanned these photos for some auctions I have currently going on
      ebay for a complete color illustrated set of Austen's works from
      1908. If you are interested, you can search for them by
      typing "Ultimate Jane Austen" into the Title Search.

      I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I do! Jane's writing
      brings the stories alive, but these marvellous pictures add a whole
      new layer of enjoyment! I had to scan a whole bunch of these
      illustrations for my ebay "Ultimate Jane Austen" auctions, so if you
      enjoy them, let me know and I will post some more.

      Jason
    • Beatrice
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13 11:18 AM
        Those really are beautiful drawings. They really add something to
        the books. They really add spirit to Jane's stories.

        Beatrice