Issue 3 of Jane Austen's Regency World

  • Jane Austen Centre
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2003
      Dear Jane Austen fan,
      I thought you might like a sneak preview of what's on offer in the next issue
      of 'Jane Austen's Regency World'. Our third issue aims to look at the truth
      behind the ambivalent and fascinating Regency period.
      Dr Steven Parissien, author of the recent major biography of George IV, takes a
      long, hard look at the "Prince of Whales":
      Dr Graham Davis examines the dark underclass of the genteel city of Bath:
      Sarah Emsley asks why the virtue of amiability was so central in Jane's
      fictional world:
      Richard Coyle tells the fascinating story of Regent St, the link route between
      the aristocracy and trade.
      PLUS - My Favourite Austen: Sense and Sensibility. A new series, gives a
      personal response to each novel in turn. Pauline Suett Barbieri takes a
      sidelong look at wet grass and Colonel Brandon: the phenonomenal success of the
      Republic of Pemberley: Bridget Jones and Pride and Prejudice: Jane Austen's
      handwriting analysed- this is truly revealing: Take a man by his wheels -
      coaches as status symbols:
      and walks in Bath -beautifully photographed and really quite romantic.
      All this in a glossy format. Those of you who already subscribe are in for a
      treat.
      All the best
      Sue Le Blond
      Editor
      Sorry if it sounds like a hard sell but the magazine is produced with you in
      mind. I'm sure that you will like it.
      All the details are on the website http://www.janeausten.co.uk/regencyworld

      All the best
      Sue Le Blond
      Editor
      Ps If you would like to try a single copy of the magazine, please email back
      and I will send you details.
      Find out more about The new glossy magazine 'Jane Austen's Regency World'
      at www.janeausten.co.uk/regencyworld