Re: Pride and Prejudice

  • sarahblakeney
    Message 1 of 87 , Sep 13, 2001
      I have not had access to the net for a while,
      sorry to be so long.<br><br>I have re-read it now. I
      think the two lead characters, at the beginng of the
      book, are really quite childish. In this part of the
      book I think Darcy' is about 23 (by the end of the
      novel Austen has increased his age to 28 to allow for a
      much ypounger teenaged sister) & he certainly acts
      like a 23 year old. He is very shy & this makes him
      unwilling to interact with stangers. Lizzie is also very
      young & easily takes insults to heart. Darcy wasn't
      even thinking straight when he said it, he was just
      trying to get out of having to dance with a
      stranger.<br><br>In the course of the novel both characters are
      forced to grow up.<br><br>Is there anything particular
      you were thinking of at this stage of the novel that
      you wanted to discuss?
    • SusChisum
      Message 87 of 87 , Feb 1, 2002
        When? Where? This sounds absolutely fun! <br>Susan