[ENT] Jammer's Review: "Acquisition"

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2002
      Warning: This review contains significant spoilers for Enterprise's
      "Acquisition." If you haven't seen the episode yet, beware.

      In brief: Lame and pointless.

      Plot description: With the crew of the Enterprise disabled, a small Ferengi
      crew boards the ship with the intention of stealing all its valuables.

      Enterprise: "Acquisition"

      Airdate: 3/27/2002 (USA)
      Teleplay by Maria Jacquemetton & Andre Jacquemetton
      Story by Rick Berman & Brannon Braga
      Directed by James Whitmore, Jr.

      Review by Jamahl Epsicokhan
      Rating out of 4: *1/2

      Ferengi: "You'll never see us again."
      Jammer: "I'm going to hold you to that promise."

      "Acquisition" is a low-octane action-comedy. Or maybe a no-octane
      action-comedy. But then, if we're talking about octane, we're probably also
      talking about gasoline, which in turn implies internal combustion automobile
      engines. I wouldn't want to come close to implying that this story is