Re: RaspberryPI - Compiling JAL...

  • zz
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 21, 2013
      Greetings,

      I build on the latest debian using gcc (Debian 4.7.2-5) 4.7.2 without issue. Issues have been reported to me on other platforms & versions, and yes taking out -Werror works fine. It would be nice to stamp out all warnings on all platforms, but not terribly practical.

      I've attempted to use splint in the past, but it fails in the standard headers & I have no desire to annotate the code solely to make splint happy.

      The compile also throws several hundred errors using Microsoft VC5.0 but I gave up trying to fix those.

      --kyle

      --- In jallist@yahoogroups.com, "dotinsoft" <dotinsoft@...> wrote:

      > I say a small BSD related discussion and it ended up concluding that by removing "-Werror" for Makefile.inc the process can go ok... but it did not enter into details about its reasons...
      >
      > I did it on RaspberryPI (PI Debian 7) and it works, but on Ubuntu it fails...
      >
      > For me it is ok because it works on RasPI and on Debian... just want to know more about the reason it don't work on Ubuntu...
      >
      > Valter
      >
      > --- In jallist@yahoogroups.com, MiRRoR <mirror.k2@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm a Debian user since 1995. Currently I have two computers, a laptop with
      > > Intel Pentium M processor, 32 Bit. And a workstation with an AMD FX 8150
      > > 64-Bit.
      > > Both work with Debian 7 one in its i386 and the other in its AMD64.
      > > When compiled under 32-bit version I have no problem, I just have to run
      > > "make" and ready.
      > > In the 64-bit version I was wrong, and thanks to the user "da_stanch"
      > > discovered
      > > it to compile under 64-bit versions had to edit the file "makefile.inc" and
      > > delete "-Werror"
      > >

      > > 2013/8/21 dotinsoft <dotinsoft@>
      > >
      > > > **
      > > >

      > > > Hi,

      > > > Do you have any info or URL with more about this procedure reason?
      > > >
      > > > Thanks

    • dotinsoft
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 21, 2013
        [Regarding JALv2 ARM Architecture (RaspBian 7) Compiler]

        I am trying to get some "certification" for the ARM version of Jav2...
        This is what I am trying right now...

        a) compile all Jallib samples on Win, Lin and Raspi (ARM)
        b) collect compiler's output to text files
        c) create MD5 of all of them individually
        d) compare all...

        Then:
        If I found the same numbers of success and failures on all 3 platform, this can be translated as "Jalv2 on ARM is (somehow) 'certificated' as working"...

        I will write the results here...

        Regards all.
        Valter