Serial_SW_write on 16f628

  • kc52jal
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
      I'm using the 'serial_SW_write-command' in a program on a 16f628, but is won't work properly. I get rubbish on MICTERM
      Everything connected true the WISP648-programmer with the proper pins.
      I've used it often with a 16F877 and there it always worked.
      What can ik do wrong ?

      Thanx
    • Bert van Dam
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
        > I'm using the 'serial_SW_write-command' in a program on a 16f628, but is won't work properly. I get rubbish on MICTERM
        > Everything connected true the WISP648-programmer with the proper pins.
        > I've used it often with a 16F877 and there it always worked.
        > What can ik do wrong ?

        You're not giving enough information for me to answer your question
        (not even your name...), Did you select the right conversion (raw,
        etc), right baudrate? Do you use a _bert library? What do you send and
        what do you see in MICterm?

        Have fun,
        Bert

        www.vandam.tk
      • kc52jal
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 18, 2013
          --- In jallist@yahoogroups.com, Bert van Dam <bymco.bv@...> wrote:

          > > I'm using the 'serial_SW_write-command' in a program on a 16f628, but is won't work properly. I get rubbish on MICTERM
          > > Everything connected true the WISP648-programmer with the proper pins.
          > > I've used it often with a 16F877 and there it always worked.
          > > What can ik do wrong ?
          >
          > You're not giving enough information for me to answer your question
          > (not even your name...), Did you select the right conversion (raw,
          > etc), right baudrate? Do you use a _bert library? What do you send and
          > what do you see in MICterm?
          >
          > Have fun,
          > Bert
          >

          > www.vandam.tk

          OK, Bert

          The last time I used my name, it was stripped off so I thought it was'nt common use on this forum.

          I'm using one of your libraries '16f628_bert'
          and I try to send the content of an array to MICTERM.
          Once I filled it ....

          teller=0
          for 8 loop
          serial_sw_write(datastring[teller])
          teller=teller+1
          end loop

          what I see on MICTERM is something like 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 240 and so on for every time the loop passes.

          MICTERM settings are:
          Wisp628
          COm1
          1200 baud
          Raw

          I'll hope you have enough information to help me.
          Thanks
          Kees

        • Bert van Dam
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 18, 2013
            Hi Kees,

            Looks ok to me. Did you use a 20 MHz crystal?

            If you did, run this program and see what this yields:

            for 50 using teller loop
            serial_sw_write(teller)
            end loop

            Have fun,
            Bert

            www.vandam.tk
          • kc52jal
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 20, 2013
              --- In jallist@yahoogroups.com, Bert van Dam <bymco.bv@...> wrote:

              > Hi Kees,
              >
              > Looks ok to me. Did you use a 20 MHz crystal?
              >
              > If you did, run this program and see what this yields:
              >
              > for 50 using teller loop
              > serial_sw_write(teller)
              > end loop
              >
              > Have fun,
              > Bert
              >

              > www.vandam.tk

              Hi Bert,

              No, I did'nt use any crystal at all.
              (-- uitschakelen van de externe clock
              pragma target osc INTRC_NOCLKOUT)

              I'll buy some shortly and try your example. I wondered already that some of my delay-statements where longer then expected. Of course also due to the missing crystal !

              Thanks
              Kees