Re: [jallist] Re: C to Jal

  • Sebastien Lelong
    Message 1 of 103 , Dec 1, 2010
      Hi,

      2010/12/1 Serdar K. <skiziltoprak@...>

      > *** At the very beginning of the thread, my opinion about "pointers and
      > dynamic array variables" was
      > more for "dynamic array variables" than pointers. Pointers would be a way
      > enable dynamic arrays.
      > Not for the procedures. I think that procedure references are not so
      > meaningful in JAL since it is not
      > object oriented.

      IMHO procedure reference is not related to object programming only, but
      rather functional programming, where you can dynamically select different
      procedure implementations. It's sometime a nice-to-have. I would add that
      "statically select different procedure implementation" would also be nice:

      -- original implementation for instance, in delay.jal
      procedure delay_1ms() is
      -- some delay code
      end procedure

      -- now I'd like to specifically re-implement this delay procedure
      -- but keep others in this lib
      include delay

      procedure delay_1ms() is
      -- another delay code
      end procedure
      ==> error: delay_1ms already defined!

      What about:

      unset delay_1ms

      procedure delay_1ms() is
      -- another delay code
      end procedure

      or maybe using an alias which would overwrite previous declaration ? ("alias
      delay_1ms is my_delay_1ms")

      OK, that's another story...

      Cheers,
      Seb

    • zz
      Message 103 of 103 , Dec 11, 2010
        Greets,

        --- In jallist@yahoogroups.com, "jsuijs" <jsuijs@...> wrote:

        > Hi Kyle,
        >
        > Thanks to reply & sorry to waste your time with faulty bug reports.

        Bug reports are never a waste of time -- they keep me honest :)

        --kyle