[jallist] Step motor conections.

  • Jose Luis Martin
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1 1:32 AM
      Hello.
      I would like to know which are the connections for the example 3 of the
      Jal manual.
    • w. v. ooijen / f. hanneman
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1 11:19 AM
        > I would like to know which are the connections for the example 3 of the
        > Jal manual.

        from the file:
        -- port B drives 2 4-phase stepper motors via an ULN2803.
        -- a0 and a1 are connected to 2 white-is-low reflective sensors.
        -- a2 and a3 drive 2 LEDs which show the state of the sensor inputs.

        I guess that your problem is with the stepper motors? pins b0 .. b3 drive
        (via the ULN2803) one stepper, pins b4..b7 the other stepper. Each stepper
        has 5 or 6 wires. With a 5 wire stepper the common goes to +5V, the other 4
        to the ULN2803 outputs. You'll have to find out the order for yourself....
        With a 6 wire stepper there are two groups. The commons from both groups go
        to +5V, the other 4 are wired in the order
        - one from group 1
        - one from group 2
        - the other from group 1
        - the other from group 2
        This leaves two possibilities open, of which only one will work. Again
        you'll have to find out for yourself....
        Wouter