Re: Picshell version 2.10 (beta), wiith support for 18f devices

  • funlw65
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2009
      I forgot also to tell you that you must include icons subfolder in src
      folder from previous package. If not, you get a message about a missing
      image file...

      Vasi
      --- In jallist@yahoogroups.com, "Albert" <afaber999@...> wrote:

      > Hi Vasi,
      > Think I fixed the issue and also solved another thread issue, I've
      just uploaded a new zip file maybe you can give it a try (works OK on my
      Ubuntu system)
      > Albert
      >

      > --- In jallist@yahoogroups.com, "funlw65" funlw65@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Trying to run it under Linux SuSE 11.1 (python 2.6) I get this
      error:

      > > "
      > > Traceback (most recent call last):
      > > File "ps.py", line 1, in <module>
      > > from picshell.ui.PicShell import PicShell
      > > File "/home/vasi/PicShell/src/picshell/ui/PicShell.py", line 7, in
      <module>
      > > from picshell.ui.UIManager import UIManager
      > > File "/home/vasi/PicShell/src/picshell/ui/UIManager.py", line 2,
      in <module>
      > > from picshell.engine.core.PicEngine import PicEngine
      > > File "/home/vasi/PicShell/src/picshell/engine/core/PicEngine.py",
      line 8, in <module>
      > > from picshell.engine.core.State_PIC16 import State_PIC16
      > > File
      "/home/vasi/PicShell/src/picshell/engine/core/State_PIC16.py", line 522
      > > tl_masked = tl & 0x
      > > ^
      > > SyntaxError: invalid token
      > > "
      > >
      > > Vasi
      > >
      > > --- In jallist@yahoogroups.com, "Albert" <afaber999@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi All,
      > > > Picshell version 2.10 (beta) is available for download at:
      > > >
      > > > For windows (complete exe, doesn't require python)
      > > > http://picshell.googlecode.com/files/picshell_v2_10.zip
      > > >
      > > > Source distribution (linux)
      > > > http://picshell.googlecode.com/files/picshell_v2_10_sources.zip
      > > >

      > > > Changes since previous release:
      > > >
      > > > Support for PIC18f series
      > > >
      > > > Support for multiple PICs (takes into account: flash size, EEPROM
      size)

      > > > PIC depedent FSR regisiter locations, note that ADC is not widly
      supported yet)

      > > > Made unittest accessible as python module (used in Jallib)
      > > >
      > > > Ask for saving of modified files when closing application
      > > >
      > > > Allow loading a new JAL file when Edit TAB is not selected
      > > >
      > > > Added ASCII receiver
      > > >
      > > > Avoid losing file changes when selecting another file from the
      file finder menu

      > > > Fixed spelling of receiver annotation (swapped I and e), old
      spelling still supported for backwards compatibility

      > > > TAB size can be specified in the config file
      > > >
      > > > Fixed address mapping issues
      > > >

      > > > Feedback and comments are welcome.
      > > > Regards Albert

    • Vasile
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8, 2009
        --- In jallist@yahoogroups.com, "Albert" <afaber999@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        > Picshell version 2.10 (beta) is available for download at:
        >
        > For windows (complete exe, doesn't require python)
        > http://picshell.googlecode.com/files/picshell_v2_10.zip
        >
        > Source distribution (linux)
        > http://picshell.googlecode.com/files/picshell_v2_10_sources.zip
        >

        > Changes since previous release:
        >
        > Support for PIC18f series
        >
        > Support for multiple PICs (takes into account: flash size, EEPROM size)
        >
        > PIC depedent FSR regisiter locations, note that ADC is not widly supported yet)
        >
        > Made unittest accessible as python module (used in Jallib)
        >
        > Ask for saving of modified files when closing application
        >
        > Allow loading a new JAL file when Edit TAB is not selected
        >
        > Added ASCII receiver
        >
        > Avoid losing file changes when selecting another file from the file finder menu
        >
        > Fixed spelling of receiver annotation (swapped I and e), old spelling still supported for backwards compatibility
        >
        > TAB size can be specified in the config file
        >
        > Fixed address mapping issues
        >

        > Feedback and comments are welcome.

        Hi Albert,
        Windows version looks great, the ASCII receivers works with one of the examples provided. However maybe you could document somewhere the modification and usage of some features? Which is the difference between run(F7) and run as unit test ? How can be added breakpoints?Maybe something more detalied than here:
        http://code.google.com/p/picshell/wiki/Picshell_Features

        thx,
        Vasile
      • Vasile
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 20, 2009
          --- In jallist@yahoogroups.com, "Albert" <afaber999@...> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          > Picshell version 2.10 (beta) is available for download at:
          >
          > For windows (complete exe, doesn't require python)
          > http://picshell.googlecode.com/files/picshell_v2_10.zip
          >
          > Source distribution (linux)
          > http://picshell.googlecode.com/files/picshell_v2_10_sources.zip
          >

          > Feedback and comments are welcome.
          > Regards Albert

          Hi Albert,

          Compilation do not work for source files stored in other directory than under picshell even with a correct configuration. IDE does not report any error except some in DOS window.

          Vasile