Re: error message

  • pyrothrax0x
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 1, 2009
      yes but what if i connnected the capasitor to pin 1 which is Vref and nothing to pin pin 4 which is MCLR/Vpp and then switched it on have i broken it?
    • colin.tallis
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 1, 2009
        Unlikely,
        Pics are fairly difficult to damage.What pin have you connected the Wisp yellow lead to?
        Can you get an LED to blink?

        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 2, 2009
          um i use a velleman pic programer but when i encoded it it diplayed the message

          Warning[216] C:\PICS\KEYPAD3X5_WALL.ASM 4 : Radix superseded by command line.

          but i figured it wasn't wrong just a warning so stuck it on the pic which seemed to take the code fine.

          so i assume that the "yellow" wire went to the right place however i think that i wired up the pic wrong.

          however pin 1 fell off yesteday so i need to buy another one bumma! (still need to master getting the pic's out of the bread board)

          if there is a seriouse problem with that radix superseded by command line then i don't know how to fix it, dont suppose you know what it means
        • colin.tallis
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 3, 2009
            Hi,

            You are right, I don't know what that error message means!.
            Not all is lost with your damaged pic. What I have done many times is to solder a small piece of wire to the stub of the broken pin and then fit the pic into an IC socket with machined pins. The whole thing becomes a bit taller but that is no problem. Also buy yourself an IC remover.

            I understand now that you are using a Velleman programmer to code the chip and then removing it from the board and putting it into your circuit (Is that correct?)

            Why don't you use the ICSP feature on the programmer and then you will never need to remove the pic from your circuit.

            Better still, start again with a cheap JDM type programmer eg PICKEY, then, with software such as ICProg or Winpic800, you can program directly from Jal without getting involved in any ASM files.

            If you have a bit of spare cash buy Wouter's Wisp programmer. This will deal with any PIC you are ever likely to use.

            Colin

            --- In jallist@yahoogroups.com, "pyrothrax0x" <pyrothrax0x@...> wrote:

            > um i use a velleman pic programer but when i encoded it it diplayed the message
            >
            > Warning[216] C:\PICS\KEYPAD3X5_WALL.ASM 4 : Radix superseded by command line.
            >
            > but i figured it wasn't wrong just a warning so stuck it on the pic which seemed to take the code fine.
            >
            > so i assume that the "yellow" wire went to the right place however i think that i wired up the pic wrong.
            >
            > however pin 1 fell off yesteday so i need to buy another one bumma! (still need to master getting the pic's out of the bread board)
            >
            > if there is a seriouse problem with that radix superseded by command line then i don't know how to fix it, dont suppose you know what it means

          • Wouter van Ooijen
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 3, 2009
              > If you have a bit of spare cash buy Wouter's Wisp programmer. This will
              > deal with any PIC you are ever likely to use.

              And if you are short on cash: build it yourself. You have a more-or-less
              working programmer, so all you need is a 16F648 to program the firmware
              and some common stuff around it.

              --

              Wouter van Ooijen

              -- -------------------------------------------
              Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: www.voti.nl
              consultancy, development, PICmicro products
              docent Hogeschool van Utrecht: www.voti.nl/hvu
            • marcel4619
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 2, 2012
                hello,
                I just started JAL.

                according to the book BERT VAN DAM, I installed JALedit.

                after entering the code, I wanted to compile and load the programmer
                WISP648 in a PIC 16F877A.

                I have an error message:

                "device word 3FFF or FFFF,can not identify this
                target:defect,unsuppororted, or 16x64"

                Can you help me.

                thank you

                translated by google
              • Bert van Dam
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 2, 2012
                  Hi Marcel,

                  >according to the book BERT VAN DAM

                  Thanks for buying my book!

                  > "device word 3FFF or FFFF,can not identify this
                  > target:defect,unsuppororted, or 16x64"

                  So, did you search the messages in this group? You'll find a lot of
                  very useful information, hints and tips for this problem, and many
                  others you may run into.

                  This time I did the search for you: start reading at message 32190.

                  Have fun,
                  Bert

                  www.vandam.tk
                • marcel4619
                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 3, 2012
                    hello
                    thank you for answering quickly, I found a power failure silly as usual, the 16F877A was poorly followed suit on the board.

                    greetings.