Re: [jallist] Re: [ANN] jallib 0.1beta released !

  • Wouter van Ooijen
    Message 1 of 73 , Nov 1, 2008
      > Yes, you can use it for commercial purpose, you're free to use, and it
      > won't contaminate your code, because it's BSD. From what we've
      > discussed, what still gives you doubts ?

      The fact that there are (or seem to be) requirements or restrictions on
      the use of the compiled code (hex file, PIC containing the code). For
      me, that is a killer.

      I know BSD license contains the same clause, but no-one uses BSD code on
      let's say a 10F200!

      --

      Wouter van Ooijen

      -- -------------------------------------------
      Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: www.voti.nl
      consultancy, development, PICmicro products
      docent Hogeschool van Utrecht: www.voti.nl/hvu
    • colin.tallis
      Message 73 of 73 , Nov 16, 2008
        --- In jallist@yahoogroups.com, Rob Hamerling <robhamerling@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Colin
        >
        > colin.tallis wrote:
        >
        > >> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Rob. I had not
        > >> realised that these files were different. I will test them
        > >> out with my 18f chips and let you know the result.
        > >>

        > > I have tested the new file with a 18f4420 and the problem is
        still
        > > the same. I have attached further comments to issue 42.
        >

        > I have made several changes (hopefully all improvements!) to the
        EEPROM
        > library, e.g. EECON1 flags are now set, and you can address now
        more
        > than 256 bytes of EEPROM.
        >
        > I tested with a 16F88 and a 18F2620. Would you be so kind to do a
        test
        > in your setup? You can find the updated library in at Jallib in the
        > 'unvalidated' section. Please report.
        >
        > Regards, Rob.
        >

        > --
        > Rob Hamerling, Vianen, NL (http://www.robh.nl/)

        Hi Rob,
        With the new lib file I can now read and write correctly to the first
        255 bytes of 18f4420,18f4520 and 18f4550 internal eeprom. I will let
        you know if I find any problems - but so far it looks good.

        Many thanks.

        cheers

        Colin

        ps: Still struggling with i2c though...